Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Bank holiday fun


This bank holiday was one of our busiet and best weekends for a long time, starting with visiting friends in their new house, getting jealous not only of their house and location but also their musical talents !! I guess I'll have to brush up on my air guitar skills before I get an electric guitar!
Followed by a bbq at one of the top society events in Wolverhampton where only the cream (not necessarily the rich and famous) of West Midlands society get invited to, so I guess now we've been invited we're now included in this list !!
The weekend culminated in a family outing to Notting Hill Carnival, having been there before I knew what to expect...crowds lots of dancing, drinking, police, imaginative costumes and great music. The only thing is that you forget how loud it is, at one point I thought my ears would bleed and physically being pushed backwards as the floats went past blasting out music from speakers that filled the back of an arctic lorry!! The only thing that spoilt it was the 3 mile walk back to the car (tip: if going to Carnival, let the train take the strain, cars not welcome in area!)
All in all it was a great weekend spent with good friends and family.

No comments: